Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Life as an Adult

Dear readers, 

Sorry I haven't written in quite sometime. It has been a crazy year of school. Being a senior is tough!

A couple weeks ago, I turned 18 years old. I did not celebrate or do anything special other than do my favorite activity. CrossFit. Ever since I got back from Italy, all I do is work out at my CrossFit gym, school, and work.I even became a certified Level One CrossFit trainer! It is my new passion, hobby, and way of staying fit! 
The first semester of my senior year, I was applying for colleges and scholarships like crazy making sure I set my self up for a good future. I feel that now that I am 18, I need to be more responsible than I was before. I am trying to communicate better with others and be conscientious of everything around me as well. 
Now, during the second semester, I am 23 days away from my high school graduation! I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. I mean, I still remember when I was waiting to hear from the Rotary which country I was going to. Everything seems so surreal. I have also realized that even the BEST of students get senioritis. I can't believe I have it, but I do. I am still doing my work and getting food grades, but there is no desire to do so any longer :P

For those who are curious, I will be attending Miami University of Oxford, Ohio. My major (as of now) is Nutrition with a co-major in Pre-Medicine and a minor in Italian. 
I can't wait until I start my life as an official college student! 
Move-in day is August 21st and classes start on the 25th! 

Update on how I feel about Italy:
I really miss it. I miss riding the bus to the store. I miss walking EVERYWHERE with my friends. I miss the food, especially the gelato. I miss speaking the language. I miss everything. 
Thankfully, I won't miss speaking Italian for very much longer! Two of my Italian friends are coming to visit me the whole month of June! We are going to be traveling with my grandparents! I cannot wait until they get here! We have been planning for months and it has been very stressful, but I know we will have a blast! Hopefully, I will be able to return to Italy for Christmas of 2015 and visit my Italian friends and family :)

Anyway, wish me luck with my new life!

Thanks for reading, 

Shelby Janae

No comments:

Post a Comment