Sunday, March 10, 2013

Two (random) Observations

Hello everyone! 

This entry will be about two quite random observations I have made and are kind of interesting.

Chemistry: Yes. I knew that Chemistry would be taught in Italian. But I was not expecting the periodic table of elements to be different. I mean, I though it was so universal. 


 Tavola Periodica degli Elementi
 "Hydrogen" is pronounced "idrogeno"
 "groups" and "periods"
 They are still separated by "non metalli" semi-metalli" and "metalli" or in English, non metals, metalloids, and metals.

In houses: This is another observation I have made. When Italians paint their walls, they do not paint the whole thing. They leave a line of white across the top. 


Well, I just thought those were two interesting little tidbits of information. 

Hope you are enjoying my blog! :)

~Shelby Janae <3

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I thought it was universal too! Interesting on the ceiling paint too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely weird seeing all the elements in another language. I though they were foreign enough in English!

      Delete