Monday, March 4, 2013

Playing Music

Hello everyone!!

I just went skiing again in the Alps!! It was sooo gorgeous! :) I did a lot better at skiing this time, but I still am no professional ;) Hopefully, I will continue to ski even when I return to America. 

Anyway, in Italy, when someone plays an instrument, they do not use notes like we do in America. They only use "Do" "Re" "Mi" "Fa" "So" "La" "Ti" "Do." I mean, I honestly don't get it! How can you play the piano without having F# or Bb?? I don't get how you can play with ONLY "Do" "Re..." etc. 

That is something I guess that is just very culturally different.

Also, when listening to music, Americans usually listen to English music and that's it. Here, there are a lot of different language songs that are popular: Latin, Spanish, Italian, English, and some other types. It seems to me, that they are more musically open. Even though they don't understand the other languages, they are still willing to listen to the music. 

Anyway, I hope everything is going good in America or wherever you are! :D

Ciao for now! 

(Hopefully) The last snow of the season here in Milano! <3
~Shelby Janae

No comments:

Post a Comment