Monday, April 15, 2013

Buildings

Hello Everyone!! 

I hope everyone is doing fantastic. I am doing quite well myself. I am counting down the days until I have to return to America (In both good and bad ways). It is about 51 days... I can't believe how fast time has gone by. It really doesn't make sense. 

Anyway, I wanted to write about buildings in Italy. In America, hotels and office buildings (and any other buildings for that matter) start with floor one and continue up, always skipping floor 13 and replacing it with 14 (even though we all know it is still floor 13). 
In Italy, the floor numbers start at ZERO or "piano terra" which literally translates to earth floor. So, their second floor is our third floor. Confusing, right?

The buildings are also a lot smaller. For the most part, the buildings go up to about Italian floor # 7 or 8 and American floor # 8 or 9. You really don't have to crane your neck to get a good look at any buildings because they are much smaller than the skyscrapers people may see in New York, LA, or Chicago. 

Hope you enjoyed reading! Have a good week! :)

~Shelby Janae <3

No comments:

Post a Comment