Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sports in Italy

Ciao a tutti, 

I hope everyone's spring is going good!

This post will be about sports and exercising. 

For the most part, people here are pretty good about sports and exercising. Most kids participate in at least one sport, and if they don't do one sport, they will go to the gym and workout. 
Of course, there are some lazy people that don't do anything, but that is just like America. :P 

I personally know a lot of people that go running. I guess that is because I am getting pretty involved in running. I really enjoy going to Athletics and I currently go Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I also go running in the park by myself most Sundays. 


Sports wise, a lot of girls are involved in volleyball, boys and girls are involved in karate, and boys are involved in soccer and sometimes, basketball. 
Here, basketball is called simply, "basket."

Soccer is the major professional sport of Italy and a lot of other countries. Everybody has their favorite team and they are pretty good at following them. My current family has a routine of watching the game every Sunday night. They get so loud and crazy when a goal is scored. It is definitely interesting to see them cheering something other than American football since that is really the only popular sport in America other than baseball. 

Thanks for reading!

~Shelby Janae

No comments:

Post a Comment