Monday, February 25, 2013

5 Months and 20 Days

Hey everybody, 

I have been in Italy for 173 days... That's 14,947,200 seconds or 249,120 minutes or 4152 hours or 24 weeks (rounded down). How crazy is that!?


I have recently reserved my plane ticket back for America. I am going home June 3, 2013. That is only 99 days from now. That's 3 months and ten days or 8,553,600 seconds, or 142,560 minutes or 2376 hours or 14 weeks (rounded down). 


I am over half way finished with my exchange! That is just so unbelievable! I mean, WOW! It has been one crazy 5 months and 20 days! There has been A LOT of ups and downs. Lot's of laugh-attacks and lots of tears. I have written 4 page letters (and longer!) to my dad and I have emergency-skyped my mom. I knew it would be a hard thing to do to come all the way across the world for a while, but it is definitely different than I expected. I am so grateful for internet!! :D


Overall, I know that I have learned that people are different. No matter where you go, everyone is going to be different. They will see how you act differently; maybe they will like it, maybe they won't. You just never know what someone will think of you. You just have to keep you mind wide open and be ready to accept what is thrown at you. I hope that from this, I will have the confidence to go about my life knowing that I can handle myself for a year. Yes, I need my mom and yes I need everyone else in my family, but I am capable. I am so grateful for this opportunity even though there has been some rough days. 


Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope that everything is going good wherever you are!!! :)


~Shelby Janae <3

4 comments:

  1. There is nothing you cannot do....you are so able and self determined! Your future is so bright! So proud of you!:) L, GD

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so inspiring, sometimes I think, "what would Shelby do?" Ha,ha,ha. It takes a lot of courage to live in a foreign country at 17, away from your family and friends but you did it! I am so grateful that I have been given the opportunity to have such an amazing person in my life. :) As far as your friends go, if they can't see what an awesome person you are then who needs them. I know It's tough sometimes being so far from everything and everyone you know and love but it's worth it. You're doing something most people only dream about. We're so so proud of you and can't wait to see you in July. :D Keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank April!! :) <3 I'm glad that I have had the opportunity to get to know you and I can't wait to see you and dad this summer! <3
      It's definitely tough at times, but I know that every struggle here with be worth it eventually! :)
      Thanks again!! I'll see you in about 4 months!! :D

      Delete