Thursday, May 2, 2013

Rotary Trip 2013

Hello everyone!!

Sorry for the lack of activity. I went on a week-long trip to Ercolano, Sorrento, Capri, Naples, Rome, and the Vatican City. 


I went with the Rotary organization which included three adult volunteers and 25 kids. 

All the cities we visited were in southern Italy. The weather was absolutely amazing, all but one day. 
I loved wearing shorts and t-shirts for the first time in literally months. 

The coolest thing that happened was that we climbed Mount Vesuvius. It was absolutely incredible to see a real volcano! It is actually considered still active even though it has not erupted for a long time. You can still see the vapor/smoke from the volcano. It was an amazing sight. Unfortunately, this was the day that was pouring rain and freezing :( So it was hard to enjoy it at the time. But now,  I can look back and I am really glad we climbed it! (even though I was freezing and wet)

I also got the see the island of Capri and swim in the ocean. It was freezing and we saw jellyfish, so it was only a 5 minute swim, but it was worth it!

We also ate really really well (most days.) However, I cancelled out how much I ate with how much we walked! We literally walked so much my feet are in pain! But it was so worth it.

I really enjoyed spending this time with my other exchange student friends. We are from all over North and South America, Europe, and Asia. There are kids from Taiwan, Sweden, Canada, Paraguay, and many states within the U.S. Hopefully, I will be able to stay in touch with all these kids for the rest of my life. 


 Capri Island!
 Naples!

 Beautiful Sunset in Sorrento!
 St. Peter's Basilica.
 Love this....
 Just SOME of the students!
 The Spanish Steps
 The t-shirt says "We have exchange students"
 Trevi Fountain <3
Making a wish in the Trevi Fountain!

Thanks for reading!
~Shelby Janae <3

No comments:

Post a Comment