Wednesday, December 5, 2012

3 Months in Italy!

Hey everybody, 

I have officially been in Milan, Italy for 3 whole months. I arrived September 5 and it is now December 5. I still wake up in the morning and can't believe I'm really here. I am really learning a new language and culture and making a ton of incredibly amazing friends! It's so surreal! I have laughed uncontrollably and I have cried. I have wanted to just curl up on the couch and watch t.v. in ENGLISH with my mom and I have wanted to stay out until 3 in the morning (wait, I did that ;) But this experience is so amazing and I can't imagine what I'm going to be like when I'm finished. More confidence? I don't know. But I do know that my Italian is developing very well and I will have friends and family here forever. 

With the Christmas season starting, I know this is going to be difficult, but I hope to push through it and have a great Christmas with my family!! 

 Albero di Natale!
Pretty, huh?


Merry Christmas!!!
~Shelby <3

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tree! Skype each and every one of us if you need to Christmas Day!!!!! We love you! And even on the tough days, remember you are building good memories to last a lifetiime!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I will definitely try to Skype everyone around Christmas time!! I want to meet my cousin!! <3 <3 And yes, I know... Today, instead of almost crying because I miss home, my friend and I almost started crying because we were thinking of how I have only 7 months left in Italy!!! :( Hahha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have met friends that will undoubtedly be lifelong friends!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!!! I sure hope so!! :) <3

    ReplyDelete