Sunday, December 2, 2012

Daily Products in Italy

Ciao tutti! :)

Okay, so I know before I arrived here almost three months ago, I was asking myself questions like, "Do Italians use Q-tips," or "Do Italians only have wine glasses?" I thought they everything, even little things were completely different. But, for the most part, there are only subtle differences. 

1. The toilet paper is colorful!!! There is pink, purple, blue, and white with blue flowers!! I just think it's so cute. It's just like American toilet paper, just colorful! 

2. Other Toiletries: Toothbrushes, toothpaste, Q-tips, make-up remover pads, make-up, perfume, and soap is the same. They don't use anything super freaky for toothbrushes (or not brush their teeth at all;) It is all pretty normal. Deodorant and feminine supplies are different however. A lot of people use spray of deodorant or the liquid deodorant; it also is mostly 'nature' smells, there isn't anything (that I have seen at least) like, my personal favorite, Cocoa Butter Kiss, or Vanilla, or any scents like that. Feminine supplies: (not meant to gross anyone out, this is only for informational purposes.) Here in Italy, most women do not use tampons. Pads are the supply of choice. I don't see the normal 'Tampax' commercials on T.V. but commercials for pads instead. Just a different cultural thing I guess...
The main thing with Products in Italy is the names. All the names are different. There is no Crest or Suave here ;) 

3. Jeans: Oh my gosh, I am in love with the jeans here!! They are so comfortable!!! I can't explain the difference, but I definitely prefer Italian jeans to American jeans.

4. Around the house wear: Here, everyone wears slippers or Crocs around the house. They don't go around in just socks or with nothing. It's very different, but I have just started doing the same thing!! Now, when I go back to America, I need to buy some slippers!



I recently just realized that the Italian word for conditioner is "Balsamo..." Now, this is weird because my town included the name Balsamo. Just thought I would add that little tid-bit in here ;)

Well, I am still loving it here in Italy!! I am really really developing in my Italian and I cannot wait until I am fluent!!!!! :) <3 <3 <3



Apparently footsie pajamas aren't normal here. Thanks mom. 
 This is going to be me soon. Senza i baffe... ;) (<<Without the mustache)


Grazie per la lettura, 

Shelby Kenville

No comments:

Post a Comment