Sunday, May 5, 2013

8 months today....

Hello everyone, 

I have officially been in Italy for eight months. I arrived the 5th of September 2012... Exactly 242  days or 34 weeks and 4 days have passed. That time has been spent learning a new language, making friends, eating pasta, running, speaking Italian, and having a blast with my new friends. 

I honestly can't imagine what life would be like if I hadn't participated in this exchange. Unfortunately, it is quickly coming to an end. My plane flight back to the states is scheduled for June 3rd, 2013. That means I have only 29  days or 4 weeks and 1 day remaining here in Italy. That is an incredibly small number.

I am having completely mixed feelings about going back to America. I am SO excited to get back to my normal life. I need to go on college visits, see my family, start school (probably start a diet;) and I am starting a new gym when I get home. I am stoked to really start my life. On the other hand, I am so upset about leaving my life here. I have some REALLY REALLY great friends, I have a great sports team, and I LOVE speaking Italian. AND, to top it all off, America is sooo far away from Italy, I have no idea when I will be able to make the time (or money) to come back and visit...
You see, I have such a dilemma on my hands... 
To stay or not to stay ;) 
I know that I will be returning because I am ready to go home... I'm just not sure whether I'm ready to leave.



~Shelby Janae <3

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got this opportunity....but I can't wait to see you!:) L, GD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks grandma Dee :) Me too <3

    ReplyDelete