Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My New (kind of) Family

Hey everybody, 

So, I changed host families about three weeks ago. I really really like my new host family. 
The new family consists of a mother, father, and 14-year old brother. 
Currently, they have a daughter my age in Brazil. 
This family is so considerate of me. (Not that my old family wasn't... I loved them to <3) 

For example, yesterday, I saw an advertisement for a new flavor of TicTacs and I told my host mom I wanted to try them. The next day, I came home from Athletics to see a pack of them on my desk. How sweet is that?! They ALWAYS ask me what I want for dinner or if I need help. You can really tell that they care about me being happy. It is a shame that I will have to leave so quickly... I only have another 26 days with this family. Hopefully, they will be able to come to America to visit. That might be a little difficult though because they speak ZERO English!

The house is a bit smaller than the old one, but it is comfortable. I really don't mind living in smaller spaces. As long as I have a bathroom, kitchen, and a bed, I am happy  :D

On another note, Friday morning, I am headed off to Austria to visit the concentration camps "Mauthausen" and "Gusen." It should be a very sad but great experience. 

Thanks for reading!!! 

~Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment