Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The countdown is beginning...

to be serious. Before, I was counting down, "Oh, one month. That's still a lot of time." 

Now, the countdown is 6 days. I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. It honestly just doesn't even make sense. I feel like I have spent my whole life here with my friends, but I still don't feel like it was enough. I will miss my friends so much, I don't even know how I am going to handle leaving them. Yes, I had bad days where I didn't even talk to my friends, but overall, they were always there and they always enjoyed my company. 
I truly hope that we will be able to stay in touch forever and that next summer they will be able to visit me in America like we are planning. 

So, my bag is slowly starting to be packed and I'm thinking about the things I could leave here in order to save as much space as possible. My money supply is down to only 55 Euros and I know exactly what I'm spending all of it on. I will be going home with basically no money :P

Overall, despite small problems that I ran into, I have had an amazing exchange year. I wouldn't change anything and I'm so glad I was able to go. 

I thank everyone who I have met on this experience and anyone who helped me to get here. I appreciate it so much. I feel like a changed person.

Thanks for reading throughout this year and I hope to keep posting even when I return to America. 

Next post will probably be about having to say goodbye to my whole new life in Italy. 

~Shelby Janae <3

No comments:

Post a Comment