Saturday, September 22, 2012

17 Days! :)

Ciao!! :)

I cannot believe I have been in Italy for 17 days. This is absolutely crazy. I have made so many friends from all around the World through the past 6 months of orientation and 17 days of my stay here in Italy. I know that I will be making so many more! 

It is a hard thing to describe, the relationship between foreign exchange students. Back before I left for Italy, I went to about 4 Rotary meetings. There were (i believe) 12 inbound students from other countries, and I was one of 4 outbound students leaving for another country. Though we only met 4 times for about two days each, the love and friendship for each other was very strong. I will never forget any of my friends that I have met through the Rotary. 

This weekend, I had my first Rotary Meetings in Italy. I met about 15 new friends, that I am sure will also last a lifetime. I cannot wait for our group trips around Italy taking place in the near future! But, this meeting also had one very important rebound student. Silvia, was a foreign exchange student last year in Ohio when I was preparing to go to Italy. We became very close because she was from Italy, and I was going to Italy. When we found out I would be only twenty minutes away from each other, we were stoked. Yesterday, I got to see her in her country. It was amazing. 

Rotary is the best way to make connections with people all around the world. All the students truly know what we feel like. There are really no words to describe the roller coaster of emotions associated with exchange. I know people from about ten states, Canada, Czech Republic, Norway, France, Finland, Mexico, Spain, Brazil, Germany, Belgium, Taiwan, and of course, Italy. These friendships are different than any other friendship I will ever have, and I am so grateful!!. 

Thank you!!! :) <3

 Taiwan, Germany, AMERICA! :) <3
Silvia and Me :) <3 <3 <3



~Shelby Kenville



No comments:

Post a Comment