Thursday, September 27, 2012

23 Days of Observation

Ciao!!

Today, I want to write about all the changes I have noticed throughout my 23 days in Italy. Since my school is an art school, it is much more relaxed that American schools. For example, in storia dall'arte, my friend was doing my nails and the teacher did not care. Also, in Italian class, my other friend and I were making paper airplanes, drawing cartoon characters, and making paper snowflakes. Instead of yelling at us, the teacher grabbed one of our paper airplanes and lit it on fire!!! It was sooo funny. :) 
Another very big difference in the schools is that the kids are allowed to smoke. During interval, the kids go outside, and around 80-90% of kids smoke. I am definitely not going to start that habit. 
Students also have a very friendship relationship with the teachers. A lot of the time, depending on the teacher, they joke around and yell with the teacher!! It's pretty hilarious. 

There are also a lot of differences in the family. People here yell at each other a lot more!! At my big family dinners every Sunday with about 15 people, there are probably 20 conversations going on. People have to start yelling to make sure the other person hears them. It's definitely very fun and interesting!!! 

There are a lot of very subtle differences here, but i love it so much.! As far as the language is going, I have good and bad days. Some days, I am able to talk better and understand more than some other days, where I barely understand anything. But, my friends are all very patient and nice!! They have also given me about 13 songs for my iPod in Italian :) I love listening to them, and am able to understand and sing some on the songs!!! Well, as, I have stated a bunch of times, I LOVE IT HERE!!! :)

Thanks!!!

Ciao!! :)

Sofia, me, Jennifer <3

~Shelby Kenville

No comments:

Post a Comment