Tuesday, October 2, 2012

La Mia Famiglia! :)

Ciao!!!!!

I have a pretty big family here!!! My grandma and grandpa are very  nice to me!!!! I absolutely love them!! Everyday after school, i go to my grandma's house and she makes me lunch!! :) We make small talk, since she doesn't speak any english, i try very hard to talk to her at least a little bit, because i don't want her to think I'm rude!! I sometimes ask my grandma if she needs help with the dishes and she says, "No, no, no!" haha. She refuses help from any of the kids!! It's crazy how much work she does. She also does my laundry. Every couple days, i find my laundry basket empty, and then clothes are on my desk, a couple days later. She even irons EVERYTHING. (even underwear!) She is very considerate, and i appreciate everything she does. I don't see my grandpa very often. I don't know where he goes off to but, when i do see him, he is so nice and friendly. He always walks me to the post office when i need to mail something. He reminds me a lot of my grandpa at home, Papa. 

All my cousins are very excited to have me there. They love listening to me talk, whether it is in Italian, or English.

My parents offer to drive me anywhere i want to go on the weekends, which is very nice, so that if i am out late with friends, i don't have to take the bus by myself. 

I really like my new family here and I can't wait until i can really have good conversations with them! :)

Thanks!
 
Sunday family dinner. 

~Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment