Friday, October 26, 2012

School

Ciao tutti!!! I am still absolutely loving my time here in Italia!! 
This entry is going to be all about the school system. 


School here is quite different than it is in America. 

First of all, the years of school are slightly different. There is kindergarten, primary school, lower secondary school, higher secondary school, and university.
There is three years of kindergarten (ages 3-6), five years of primary school (ages 6-11), three years of lower secondary school (ages 11-14), five years of higher secondary school (ages 14-19), and at least four years of University education.  

Second of all, there are different types of school. For example, despite the fact that I suck at art, I am going to an Art school. Along with Art school, there is Science, Music, Language, Classics, Technical, and Vocational Schools. They are all very different. The schools more focused o n education are very strict, while the more artsy schools (like mine,) are very laid back. 

Thirdly, we do not eat lunch at school. School begins at 8:00 am and each class is one hour long. At 10:55 there is a fifteen minute break. A lot of kids buy food at 'The Bar' on the second floor of the school. Then the one hour classes continue until school finishes at 2:00 pm. I usually hurry to get on the bus at home because I am pretty hungry!!

Lastly, and most unfortunately, a lot of schools are in session on Saturday. This is my absolute least favorite thing about Italy, but I know it's not that big of a deal. 

Well, thanks for reading! If you have anything you want me to write about COMMENT!! :) <3

 What I do during school.
An Italian apple with a leaf on it <3

Ciao!!!

~Shelby K. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment