Monday, January 14, 2013

131 Down

Today, I have officially been in Italy for 131 days. This is the equivalent of 
  • 4 months and nine days
  • 11,318,400 seconds
  • 1888,640 minutes
  • 3144 hours
  • 18 weeks
I now have only about 168 days to go. So far, I can go the whole day without even using any English and my main thoughts are in Italian. I can't wait until I am fluent!!! I can feel myself getting closer as I understand more and more Italian, but I am still not quite there. 

In these 131 days, I have made great friends. We are already planning for them to come stay with me next summer!! I hope it all falls into place and I hope that I will stay in touch with my Italian friends and family forever. 

I have also been thinking about how much I have changed and will be changing. I can feel that I am more social, though still very very shy, and I have striving to overcome my shyness by the end of this year. 

But anyway, this is mainly just a post to show how long I have been here, and how long I have left. 
 My FIRST day in Italy.
 New Years Party.. I gained weight :( Haha. But I'm working on getting it off now! :D
And there went the hair :P

There is already a major difference in how I look... 

HOPES: 
  1. Lose the weight I gained
  2. Achieve FLUENCY in Italian
  3. Gain self confidence
  4. Prepare for college, work, etc. for my return to America
Thanks for reading!!! <3

~Shelby Janae

No comments:

Post a Comment