Friday, January 25, 2013

Recovery

Saluti, 

So I am slowly making a recovery. It went from my whole body hurting, to just head and throat, and now I have only a sore throat and a cough! I am almost finished with my sick week.! I figured that I would write some more of my analysis on the difference between being sick in Italy and being sick in America. 

Diagnosis: Thermometers are not put in the mouth here in Italy. The thermometers are the same look-wise but are put under the arm/in the armpit; not in the mouth! How strange is that! I don't know how they measure kids temperatures. Apparently, you have to sit there for ten minutes with the thermometer in the armpit. That's definitely different! 

Treatments: My grandma flinches every time I make one of my dying seal sounding coughs, so today she told me she was going to help me out. Before dinner, I went downstairs to find my grandma with a pot of boiling water. She put 5 drops of this herb stuff and I stuck my head over the pot of water and put a towel over my head and breathed through my mouth. It actually helped a lot! My throat feels a lot better. I want to try it again tomorrow if my throat is not completely healed!! Weird Italian treatment=WORKS!

Tomorrow, I plan to relax, maybe go shopping... For dinner, I am going to a friend's birthday party! Pizza!!! <3 yay! :)

Well I hope all of you are doing good!! I am definitely missing my old life a little bit, but I know that I have to finish what I started here, and I plan to stay here for as long as possible to ensure my fluency in Italian, which is not quite there yet :( I even plan on minoring in Italian when I go to college!! :D
This picture kind of reminds me of my exchange; a curvy path through the unknown forest with patches of fog... Still beautiful and incredible, but scary and difficult!
 This is just a cool picture I found on my computer that I decided to share :)


Thanks for reading! :)

~Shelby Janae

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better! Would love to know what herb or whatever your grandma used...be sure and ask her for me!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks!! It's called "31 olio di erbe - l'unico originale" Now I realize that this title probably doesn't help much because it's in Italian. Translated it's "31 Herb Oil - The only original" It's made in Switzerland. :)

      Delete