Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sports in Italy

Hello!

So, as I'm sure you know, in Italy they do not play American Football and they don't have baseball teams. The only professional sports I have seen on TV involve skiing, or some type of snow sport, and SOCCER. Soccer is huge in Europe! At least one person in my class everyday has some kind of t-shirt dedicated to the Milan soccer team. 

For boys (teenagers), they have basketball, soccer, athletics (track/cross country) and karate. For girls, there is volleyball, athletics, soccer (I think) and karate. 

Of course, I don't really know everything about all the sports because I only participate in one and not a lot of my friends are in sports. Sport participation is a more rare here because the teams are not connected to the school. You have to pay a lot more and search for something outside of school. Most hobbies are outside of the school. 

Personally, when I arrived I was very disappointed that there was no softball teams any where nearby, and most people did not even know what softball was. But, I joined Athletics... Mind you, I have never been a runner. So, I started this, and I actually really enjoy it. Although I am still incredibly slow, I am getting a lot more stamina and am able to run for much longer periods. Maybe I will take this with me when I return to America! :) 



Officially like running... There is something wrong here... ^Milan soccer team...  :)

Thanks!
~Shelby Janae

No comments:

Post a Comment