Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Camping in Italy

Ciao tutti! :)

Throughout my four months and 3 days that I have been in Italy, I have gone on two camping trips with my family. My family, along with a couple other families, own a little camper. It is definitely different than the trailer that i have in America. It does not have "pop-outs" and it is pretty small. But it is honestly so perfect. There is enough room for eating and hanging out with my family and that is all that matters! 

So far, we have only 'hooked-up' once. We went to one nice camp ground in one of our stops and it happened to have hookups. But a lot of the time, since the campers are so small, we just sleep in a parking lot somwhere near our destination. Remember, there are not Wal-Marts and Targets everywhere here, so there parking lots near tourist destinations are really made for campers and people traveling. 

From what I know, a lot of people here have little campers. It seems that traveling around Italy with the family is very normal, while in America, people seem to be less open to traveling during vacation. In my opinion, traveling is the best! I love walking around all day to look at as many things as possible and playing cards until super late at night!! Camping, whether it's in a tent or a nice little camper is honestly so much fun! I hope when I am older I am able to buy a trailer or camper :)

 My bed is on the top :)
 The kitchen
 It's a stick shift.... haha
 FIAT :D
 Kitchen table :)
The outside of on of the other family's.. Pretty similar to ours. 

Can't wait until the next camping trip!! :)

~Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment