Monday, February 18, 2013

Amazing Realizations

Good morning/afternoon/evening everybody,

This post is going to be different than the others. I'm not going to tell you how my Italian is slowly improving or the differences in school or cars in Italy. I want to talk about the deep appreciation I have accomplished.

First, I have so much newly found appreciation for everyone in my family. Having to deal with so many changes and insecurities in family in Italy, has just made me love and appreciate my family so much more.

Mom: I love you so much. You are always there for me. You never hold back. If I'm eating too much, you tell me. If I do my hair weird or wear an ugly shirt, you let me know. You have guided me and helped me to make the right decisions in my life. If you remember, you were the one who introduced exchange to me. You always are there to give me advice. From how I should correct my paper to what I should do about friend-problems. I don't always take your advice, and sometimes get mad or frustrated when you tell me how it is, but I always love you. I am so grateful for everything that you have done for me. Thank you for keeping me and raising me as best as a teenager mother could. I have so much of your personality in me! I promise to always strive to do my best and I will never abandon you when you need me. <3

Bryan: You are my military hero :) I appreciate what you did for our country so much. Being here, I have realized how much I love America and I am glad that I know someone who helped defend her. You are my history/economics helper and you make me tougher. I know I hate them, but your dead legs have some kind of benefit!! I know I never call you 'dad,' but you always will be my Bonus Daddy <3 Love you!!!

Dad: You are my dad and you always will be. I know we don't have a really "huggy/kissy" relationship, but ours is special: we stay up having horror movie marathons and having Guitar Hero battles. You teach me to relax and enjoy life. You give me pep-talks and self-defense training lessons at 2 am. You make me take a knife to the gym at 9 am even though it is only 200 feet away. So many things about me are from you: whether physical features or personality traits or musical abilities. We have been through a lot of things together and you will always be  my DooDoo <3 Love youuuu <3 

April: You are now my Bonus Mom. I am so happy that you came into my Dad's life because now I have a new mother-like figure and two new siblings. I absolutely love talking to you about girl stuff. I remember a couple summers back, we took DAILY Wal-Mart trips: mops, cheese, shampoo, nail polish, movies, anything and everything. I wish you the best of luck for your new college life and I KNOW you can do it!! Keep up the great work! Luv youu! :)

Grandma Dee/Grandpa Gary: You guys are my camping/adventure role models. I am such an outdoorsy person and I know it's because of you. I am sooo grateful for all the trips you have taken with me. I hope that we will be able to continue our Yosemite traditions up to my 30s! Maybe even higher! And Grandpa Gary, you will always be my grandpasarus ;) Love you two! <3

Grammie/Papa: Grammie, you are the BEST cook ever. I always look forward to coming to your house. Soon, I need to you really help me to prepare for living on my own! I need some recipes! :) But, besides your cooking, you have helped make me a little more aware of how I look. I was always such a tom-boy and now I do want to look nice every once in a while. You are so GORGEOUS! I hope I look like you some day <3 Papa, you are my card game and golfing instructor. I love playing games with you and I will never forget our fun times. You are such a great grandpa! You are an inspiration for my faith and character in general. Love you two so much!

I am also grateful for all the other people in my life. Auntie Nica, Sierra, Avery, Kinsey, Auntie Michelle, Tori, Alona and ANYONE else that has been in my life, even for the shortest amount of time. I appreciate you all so much. 

Thanks for reading :) 

~Shelby Janae <3

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You are so amazing and so grown up! Love you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you so much! It's such an honor to be you bonus mom. :)

    ReplyDelete