Sunday, February 10, 2013

Venezia Carnevale!

Hey everyone! 

Yesterday I went to the Carnival in Venice, Italy! 

It was soooo cool! It was pretty cold outside and ind of cloudy, but it was still really amazing. I could not believe that I was actually in Venice! I mean, how cool is that??! Unfortunately  I learned that Venice is slowly sinking... But that just made me more grateful that I was able to see it before that happens! :)

So, the Carnival is during a specific time of the year where everyone dresses up in costumes or buys masks. Venice is famous for making incredibly beautiful masks starting from (for a good mask) 20 Euros all the way to 100 Euros and MORE! They are absolutely incredible. My mask was 20 :) haha. I'm cheap ;) I have to save my money for the European trip at the end of the year, so I'm on a budget :D

So basically, the whole day was spent looking at really cool masks, walking around on the crowded little streets, and then taking a boat back to the train station and heading home. I woke up at 6:20 and arrived in Venice at 10:40. Then we walked to the mask shopped and looked for masks for about 30 minutes. Then we ate lunch. It was a really good pasta with meatballs!! After that, we walked to the center of Venice where there was a LOT of people. We then had free time for two hours. My free time was spent at The Hard Rock Cafe, where I found THE BEST present for my dad. I can't tell you in case he reads this ;) Anyway, after The Hard Rock Cafe, I just walked around looking at the little shops. Then we took a little boat (not a Gondola) to the train station. We had another 30 minutes of free time where I got a slice of pizza (delicious) and we headed home at about 7 pm. 

The train ride home was really fun because I talked to the other exchange students about so many different things. We are basically on the same page whereas we don't want to go home, because when we go home , we really have to grow up: study hard, go to college, get a job, and become an adult. On the other hand, we are wanting to start our lives. There are just so many mixed emotions while being an exchange student it is hard to handle them all!! hahah :) 

But anyway, Venice was absolutely beautiful and so interesting! I hope it stands the test of time! :D

 The flag all the way to the right is the Venice flag :)
 Gorgeous!
 I just can't believe the streets are water...
 Australia! :) 
 Crazyyyy :) 
 GONDOLA! <3
 So cool! <3
 Before heading home ... 


They told me to make a seductive face.... Didn't work out that well :P


~Shelby Janae <3



No comments:

Post a Comment