Saturday, February 16, 2013

Cinisello Balsamo

Hello everyone, 

I hope everything is going well in America, or wherever you are! 

Some people are very confused about my location here in Italy. So, I want to try and clear things up for both you, and me.

Milan is a providence located in the region of Lombardy. I already wrote an entry a while ago about the 20 different regions in Italy. Along with Cinisello Balsamo (my city), there are 7 other municipalities. This basically means township. We are still considered Milan, we are just the small city surrounding the center of Milan. The 8 townships are: Monza, Muggio', Nova Milanese, Paderno Dugnano, Cusano Milanino, Sesto San Giovanna (where I go to school) and Bresso. 

Specifically, Cinisello Balsamo used to be two separate townships but in 1928, they were united. According to Wikipedia, Cinisello means "ashes" and Balsamo is either "the Balsam tree" or a royal family name. I do know, however, that in Italian "Balsamo" means "Conditioner." :D

There are about 74,000 people living in Cinisello Balsamo. I really like my small little city. It is so charismatic! I can just walk for a little bit and get some pizza, go to the post office, or go shopping on some of the little side shops! 
I hope that everybody gets to visit Italy some day. It really is a charismatic place. 

Thanks for reading!

~Shelby Janae <3


No comments:

Post a Comment