Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Cinque mesi hanno passato.

Hello everybody!!!
FIVE MONTHS HAVE PASSED!

Yes. I have been in Italy for 5 months. It seems like some weeks go by so incredibly slow and others go by so quickly! I just can't even believe that I have been here for 5 months! I only have about 5 months remaining! I have accomplished so many new things and learned an incredible amount of new things. 

I mean, I am getting very good at Italian and I still have another 5 months! I cannot wait until I am fluent. I am regularly dreaming in Italian and thinking in Italian (except of course when I am doing homework for American college and/or writing this blog). I absolutely love talking in Italian and I LOVE how I can understand practically everything that my friends are saying. I feel so very accomplished, even though I know I am not done learning. I hope fluency hits me soon!

It is absolutely incredible how my moods change! Some days, I listen to my iPod and hear songs that remind me of home and I am really sad... Then I have days where I am out with my friends and it's a beautiful day outside, and I can't imagine being anywhere else. I think it is very normal to be super moody, but who knows with us Rotary Exchange students! ;) I know that I am ALWAYS tired! I don't know why.. I think it might have something to do with excessive use of brain power from listening and talking Italian all day. 

Well, I felt that you guys deserved an update on how things are going. 5 MONTHS!!!! In another 5 months, I'll be writing from America!

Thanks for reading! :) <3

~Shelby Janae

No comments:

Post a Comment