Saturday, November 17, 2012

Happiness

Ciao tutti, 

Below is an assignment that I had for Italian class. Of course the other students did the task in Italian, however the teacher had me do it in English. The assignment was to write a short response about how you feel about the pursuit of happiness, what happiness is, etc. So here is what I wrote.

Felicita – Happiness
            Happiness is a very complicated emotion. You can feel happiness when you receive your food at a restaurant or from getting married. People react differently to different types of happiness: some laugh, some cry. Most people associate happiness with well, being happy. Getting a good grade in school, a family dinner at Christmas or going to church on a beautiful Sunday morning can all make a person happy. However, some people pursue happiness from all the wrong things: money, alcohol, drugs, etc. I pity those people that rely on worldly objects to make them happy. They are searching for something or someone to fulfill their emptiness, but they do not pursue the proper things. In order to fulfill the unhappiness, you must have family, friends, and God.
            To me, happiness is going out with my friends and acting silly: laughing until our stomachs hurt and going to the mall to trying on dresses and high heels just because. Happiness is having deep conversations with your family and hugging until everything is better. Happiness is coming home after school and curling up on the couch with your dogs and watching a movie. Happiness is hopping on a plane and going to a foreign country to learn a new language and culture. Happiness is knowing that all you have to do is pray and believe that everything will okay in the end no matter what is going on in your life. I hope my life is filled with moments like these; laughter, tears (because you can’t be happy without crying every once in a while,) hugs, and conversations. To me: THAT is felicita.

In Italian, felicita (with an accent on the 'a' means happiness) Well, I hope I get a good grade ;) 

I can not wait until I am able to do the assignments in ITALIAN!!!!!!!! :) It will be so incredibly excited. My Italian is progressing very very well, along with the relationships with my friends. I really can't imagine this experience without the help of my BFF's here in Italy. <3 <3 


 Jenniiii <3 M.A.P.S
 All my friends LOVE american candy!
 Wrestling. 
Jenni ALWAYS does my nails super awesome and pretty :D

Well, I'm off to Cremona tomorrow with Rotary!! Should be a fun Sunday trip!! Thanks for reading!! :)

~Shelby <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment