Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Progress of my Italian :)

Ciao tutti! :) It's been awhile since I have written because I have been going out with my friends a lot. I am really able to have conversations with them now. It is very excited. 

Friday, I started Athletics, which is similar to cross country. I have never done cross country in my life and I am not a very good runner, but I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to get better and faster!!! The whole practice (two hours) I was talking to a girl that I had just met in Italian!! At first, she didn't even know that I was American. I told her after a couple minutes and she was shocked!! I was so happy! :) I am having a lot of people right now tell me that I am speaking Italian very well!! It is so encouraging :) However, I know that I am not done learning, and I still have a lot of work to do.

At school, I am starting to understand a lot more!! Right now, I understand what the the words the teachers are saying (for the most part) but they are going fast, so its hard for me to comprehend what they are saying. In other words, I understand but I can not register it in my brain enough to take notes or anything yet.  Hopefully in a couple months I will be able to take notes just like all the other students!! My school is an art school, but since I don't like art, I have switched my classes so that I only have one day of art whereas before I had four days of art along with the normal educational classes. Now I have all math, science, italian, and english classes. In English class I translate a lot and explain to the others what stuff means and what not. It's very difficult to translate English to Italian, but Italian to English is much easier. I am still making a lot of new friends, but it's very hard to remember everyone's names because they are so different than American names, and there are a lot of people. It is overwhelming sometimes, but I am loving it!!

Thanks for reading!! Maybe in a little while I will post a blog in Italian ;)

~Shelby Kenville! <3 <3 <3 :)

2 comments: